Darfur Peace & Development Organization (DPDO) was founded in 2002 by a group of Darfurians in the United States. DPDO is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, non-governmental organization dedicated to a peaceful Darfur that is justly governed and developed in a sustainable manner.
The mission of DPDO is to provide humanitarian relief to victims of the genocide in Darfur, to facilitate just governance, and to enable Darfurians to effectively rebuild and develop their homeland.
DPDO implements its programs with the following core values:
- Inclusiveness, diversity, and human dignity
- Exchange of ideas and strategies in a mutually respectful context
- Continuous personal, social, and cultural growth
- Concern for the rule of law and unrestricted access to justice
- Development and distribution of knowledge relevant to Sudanese and those who assist them, and,
- Outreach and advocacy on issues of concern to Sudanese.